Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chippy Owl Nightstand

I was actually picking up a dresser from a CL ad and the lady who was selling was moving to AZ and needed to get rid of her things.  Those situations always make me feel bad because I knew she was desperate and she kept saying, "I have more.  Do you want to see?"  I took the tour of her house and actually found several items.  When she came to this table she said, "Do you want this, too?"  I didn't, lol,  but I felt so bad for her that I agreed to buy it.  It's been sitting in my garage for a while, and I haven't been feeling very motivated lately (burnout I think).  Yesterday I decided this would be a small (and quick) makeover. Ha!  I ended up having to peel veneer off the top and on closer inspection it was pretty rough in places, so needed a little extra care. 

I ended up going a little whimsical with it and thought it turned out pretty darned cute. :)


Before
Pretty ho-hum.



 After

It looks cute from the front, but it's the sides I love!! :)


 My daughter is so in love with owls right now, and I secretly am too!  And, how could you not be?  Aren't the adorable??



 The front needed a little extra something, too, so I drilled a hole and added one of my favorite knobs. 



 I mimicked the flowers from the sides on the top with a few stripes and gave it a good distressing. 



 The paint wanted to chip so I just went with it.
 (Mostly that means I wasn't going to put in any more time to paint over it and start again. Shhh...)



Would be so sweet next to a little punkin's bed. :)


3 comments:

  1. What an awesome tranformation. So - not your daughter then, huh?

    Take care - don't burn out. It's easy to do. Just rest if you can. There will be more tomorrows.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so adorable!! Can't believe the transformation from before to after!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know when I fell in love with owls either, but I am! This is so adorable. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3