Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Black Cedar Chest

This cedar chest is such a great, solid piece and I've never seen one this tall.  

It's very rustic and due to it's blocky shape and geometric designs I decided to redo the top and paint the rest of it black.  It would be awesome in an entry way to sit on while you put your shoes on and to store extra hat, coats, mittens, etc. 



Before
Please excuse my garage.  It has to wait until nice weather to be completed so all of our stuff is just stacked against the work bench right now.  I'm sure you could care less, but I kinda do. ;)


 After

I never get tired of black with warm wood tones peeking through!






 It's got lots of little details that add interest.  I thought about doing this one two tone, but decided it would look too busy, so basic black it is!  












11 comments:

  1. Lisa, I am literally drooling over this. It is THEE piece I've been searching for in my mind for several years. You landed on each feature I wanted to put together in this chest. Even the colors are perfect. Gorgeous! Awesome job! I'm just going to have to build this, thanks to your inspiration. Thank you!

    ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Robin! You're going to build it? You go girl!! :) I want to see when you're done--I bet it will be amazing!!
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Once again another outstanding job! Speaking of your garage I am assuming you have a spot in there that you use for your pictures. I'd like to do that too...how about a post on how you created the perfect photo 'studio'? I would greatly appreciate some guidance and others might as well. Thanks!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get on that Kathy, although there's really not that much to it. You will probably be shocked and severely disappointed when you see it! ;) And, thank you!
      Lisa

      Delete
  3. Wow Lisa, I had to keep scrolling back to the before photo because the after was so dramatic! What a beautiful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! Even hubby liked this one. :)

      Delete
  4. Lisa!!!! You have outdone yourself for sure!!! You are becoming my favorite inspiration to watch because you do things so classic and pretty, always turnig out something even more spectacular then the last piece!! Great work again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, as always. I love it with the wood top. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this! It looks like it belongs on a big ranch in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have given me inspiration to transform a bar into these colors. Love, love, love it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you comment on which paint you used (brand and color)? And I'm thinking you didn't prime so the wood would come through?

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3