Thursday, January 30, 2014

Vintage Dresser

I picked this highboy up from a woman who told me she might have a little dresser fetish.  I just smiled and said, "Me too." :) :)

It was in great condition but just a little ho-hum.  I like the simplicity of it and wanted to keep that feel.  This isn't a true before as I got carried away and forgot to take it before I started working on it (yes, I still do that!). 


 Before

It's been said a thousand times, but here it is one more:  There is such power in a coat of paint and new hardware! <3!


After

It's a lovely, soft blue/green/gray.  I actually think this color works as a neutral because it can be paired with so many other colors. 




You've probably noticed I love to mix hardware, but I love the look of all these awesome knobs in a line down the front of this piece.  Simple yet eye catching. 









Cute little legs. :)

I did no prep work on the body of this piece--no sanding.  So, when I went to distress the paint had a natural chippy look even though it's latex.  It's what I was hoping for and I'm glad she delivered! :)


It had a beautiful mahogany top so I sanded it down, gave it two coats of Espresso stain, and 3 coats of poly.







Yep, love me a cute little dresser!!

This dresser was featured by:

Thank you!!

Linked up here:
Saturday:

Sunday: 

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:






12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work!! Love the color and natural top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely! The color and distressing is beautiful, especially with those knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question....Where do you find all those wonderful knobs? Awesome work..Love it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is like the dresser tossed off its hand-me-downs and put on some stylish clothes. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the dresser is adorable! i love the color and the knobs are so cute on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you for having a dresser fetish! What a gorgeous piece of art you have created.
    You rock!! :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Featured. Pinned. Linda Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the color and the fresh hardware! And dressers really are my favorite pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love... that's all :) Oh.. and I'm featuring it in this week's PoPP Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3