Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Quote on the Stairs

Our stairwell needed some major attention!  We have a 1 1/2 story and the kids' bedrooms are the only rooms upstairs.  Anything I've put on the walls has long since been knocked off and broken, so the walls have pretty much been bare for the last year or so.

I wanted something easy and inexpensive (so I wouldn't be upset when it "accidentally" got ruined) for the walls and I wanted something that was meaningful for my kids.

I saw this saying and immediately knew it was a message I needed for me and a message I wanted my kiddos to see everyday.  





I just love that this will be the first thing they see when they come downstairs in the morning and the last thing they will see when they go to bed at night. 

 Sometimes I think we believe if we aren't doing something huge all the time then we're not doing anything worthwhile.  That's just not true.  It's the small things that matter the most, especially when they are done with love.  






I just printed letters (using different fonts for every word and about 5" tall) and ran them off on scrapbook paper (you could use book pages) and then mounted them on brown craft paper and white cardstock (with double-sided tape).  Then I attached them to the wall with this stuff...















I think I will add a small book page wreath on the left of the "with" and a picture of Christ off to the right.  Stay tuned for updates! :)



 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, This a beautiful idea and very well done...Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brilliant! Love it!!! Hmmm... where could I do something like this?? :) Hugs! Claire

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3