Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tickle me....blue!

I have to admit that sometimes, very rarely, but sometimes, I am a doubter.  ;)   I have a friend (who is absolutely fantabulous--seriously, she is really fun and funny!)  who dropped this little honey at my shop and then texted me and asked me what I thought of it.  I am ashamed to admit I didn't answer the text because I didn't know what I thought of it....geometric patterns, victorian details, dark finish, worn wood top, missing veneer, old brass knobs, missing hardware....you get the picture--she had a lot going on!  I picked up my sander and went to work.  I was almost 90% done before I started to catch the vision.  If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times--It's amazing what a little paint can do!!  So, go find something ugly and pick up a brush!


 Before
Here she is in all her glory!  Hats off to you (you know who you are!) for seeing the potential!




 After


Loved the color on this table.  This side table is going in the same room.



This top was rough--I just sanded off the "wear" marks (water stains, cup rings, etc) and left the deeper marks there.  Love the character it has!









Check out these fabulous corners!






 Love these new knobs--they just fit....

I'm not a big fan of the geometrical details, but I love the little curvy details (they're just a little softer).  I chose to highlight the details I liked and ignored the rest.  :)   You can't really tell from the pics, but the details have great texture.









I call the top left corner (pic above) and the left side in the pic below "alligator skin" (it's the bumpy texture--look close).  I love how it looks--I just don't sand the old finish down to the bare wood in some spots and on really old varnish this is usually what happens.














color = Indigo Batik


1 comment:

  1. I love it! Looks like something you'd find on a gypsy cart. ya know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3