Monday, June 18, 2012

Danish Buffet

I'm sure she was a little blonde beauty in her day, but it was time for an update. :)  I love the clean lines of this buffet and the hardware, but the color just looked washed out.  



 Before





 After




 I was going to leave the whole top wood, but when I sanded it down I realized the middle was a very thin veneer and spots didn't look very good.  The outside edge was solid wood, so I decided to leave it. Love the contrast.  










 The original hardware got lost on all of that light colored wood.  It has a great patina.  I love how it just pops now and how the copper edge picks up the warmth of the wood trim.









 Are you wondering why one of the pulls is missing?  I will just say that one of the pieces of hardware ended up on the end of a fishing pole and now a new part is being machined.  Yah.








This turned out to be a gorgeous piece of furniture.  


SOLD

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!
    We are in a beautiful cabin near Yellowstone and just saw your post.......WOW!!!!! This piece is beautiful! Thanks for loving it enough to give it new life! :)
    I'm going to travel home with my family,but then will fly to Seattle to be with my brother post-surgery. We'll catch up with you soon. (tell Craig this cabin has granite throughout!)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3