Wednesday, December 28, 2011

TV stand

I have to start out this post with saying how much I love my mom.  She has an inner strength that never ceases to amaze me.  She always knows just the right thing to say and is one of my biggest cheerleaders.  She truly is the best woman I know. 

 She has been wanting something in her bedroom done, but we were only going to be there a few days for Christmas.  She had this t.v. stand she and my dad bought over 40 years ago.  She bought it unfinished for 10 bucks and finished it herself.  It's been through 3 states, 3 children, and many moves.  One of the door panels was taped on with scotch tape--not because of me, I'm sure :).

She asked if her stand would make it on the internet and I said, "Of course." So, here it is. :)

Before

After



I was painting this in the living room (while eating gingerbread men and watching the Denver game, yes, I know, I have a rough life), and mom was sitting behind me while I was distressing it.  I like distressing a little heavier on the corners--I was doing the top right corner and I could feel her eyes on the back of my head and she says, "O.k., I think that's enough right there, Lupe."  She got "the look" from me and then said, "O.k. I guess you know what you're doing."   I told you I love her.  :)


 I went a little lighter on the distressing after her comment. :)



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Post! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely blog with us, i really appreciated to blogger, for wonderful sharing…

    what size tv stand for a 65 inch tv

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3